HPRS will place a rock in a predetermined location out on the course. The first runner who carries the rock across the finish line will receive their choice of $200 in HPRS race credits (via Ultrasignup.com) -or- a $200 check.
The Rock Fine Print
• Runners choosing to carry the rock do so at their own risk
• The rock weighs 60-70 lbs, is painted fluorescent orange with black “$” on it
• The rocks location is chosen by HPRS Staff and could be anywhere on the course
• The rock must be carried across the official course, from the mile it is placed, to the finish. (Ex: If it’s a 50 mile race and the rock is at mile 40, it must be carried the last 10 miles of the course)
• Runners must bring the rock across the finish line unassisted by mechanical advantage (No wagons, sleds, bikes, cars, etc). The rock must be carried, rolled, or dragged by the runner
• $200 in the form of credit is good on Ultrasignup.com for HPRS races ONLY and for a time period up to one year from issuance
• $200 in the form of a check will be written the day of the race and must be cashed prior to the end of that calendar year or the check will be voided
• HPRS reserves the right to NOT place the rock out at any race, for any reason.
The Human Potential Running Series prides itself on continuing a few of the “old-school” traditions of Ultrarunning. We offer the following prizes as well, but do note that one should never “try” to win them.
Dead F*cking Last
This has long been a celebrated finishing position in the sport of ultra running. It goes to the individual whose grit and determination to finish a race saw them on the course the longest. For coming in dead last we typically offer a comp entry to a future race. We’ve also been known to up the ante with a framed award and a bottle of whiskey from time to time.
Let’s face it, from time to time we all eat it.. and hard. It can be embarrassing, and at times pretty bad ass. For coming in with a good trickle of blood thanks to your inability to pick up your feet, we like to give a special award. The winner receives a framed award, discount to a future HPRS race, and a little something should we decide to throw some extra love in.