Online Coaching Services
Our online coaching services are designed specifically for the runner who may be too intimidated by the prospect of hiring an “elite” athlete as their coach.
Why Hire a Coach?
• Hiring someone with over a decade of ultra experience can help you sift through the incredible wealth of knowledge available in books and across in the internet. Hiring a coach can help you focus on what’s important in helping you achieve your ultra goals while ditching the info that isn’t truly imperative to ultra success.
• Having someone to help set up quality work outs, a quality training program, while ‘keeping it real’ is priceless towards your goals.
• There are tens of thousands of ultra runners in the United States and each and every one of them follows a different plan and path. Having someone help guide you down your own path is an essential key to your personal success story.
Why Sherpa John?
“Sherpa” John Lacroix truly understands the day-to-day challenges of the average ultra runner. Sherpa’s training plans are designed for the ultra runner with a life outside of running. His experience will help guide you with quality low mileage training experiences while avoiding injury. Sherpa has completed nearly 50 official ultra marathons with a 90% success rate. (100% for 50k, 96% for 50 Miles, 100% for 100k, 78% for 100 Miles)
Sherpa holds a Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology from the University of New Hampshire, and has more than a decade of experience dedicated specifically to ultra running. He started running in 2004 with the singular primary focus of running ultra distances. Since then, he has gained a wealth of knowledge in regards to what to do and what not to do. His successes and failures have proved to be the perfect experiences to share as teachable moments to his students. Sherpa is a no BS ultra coach who doesn’t do well with excuses. He believes that each and every person has the ability to achieve whatever it is they put their mind to. Much of his training plans focus on as much of the mental aspects of ultra running as the physical.
Sherpa’s Ultra Resume includes finishes at the Western States 100, Leadville Trail 100, Bighorn 100, Grand Teton 100, Cascade Crest Classic 100 (2x), Miwok 100K, Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 (2x), Vermont 100 Mile (5x – four of which are under 24-hours), Rocky Raccoon 100, San Juan Solstice, Zane Grey, successful journey runs Trans Zion, Trans Bryce, Grand Canyon R2R2R, and one successfully completed loop at the Barkley Marathons. He is also the first and only person to have run non-stop across the widest part of New Hampshire; 125-Miles from end to end in under 32 hours.
“While others advertise the front runners as “successful ultra runners,” I believe anyone who finishes an ultra is a “successful ultra runner.” I want to help as many people as I can to become successful ultra runners by not only daring to toe the starting line but having the guts to find the finish. My goal is to provide each runner with the necessary tools to be self-sufficient geared towards longevity in the sport.” ~SJ
This 2-hour consultation is designed for you to sit down face-to-face (or via video chat) with Sherpa John to talk about who you are as a runner and who you aspire to be as an ultrarunner. SJ takes his more than a decade of experience in running ultra marathons (including over twenty 100-mile finishes) to help calm your fears and share with you what is important, and not so important, in the realm of accomplishing your ultra goals.
Sherpa believes in creating B.H.A.G. and S.M.A.R.T. goals when it comes to taking on ultra challenges. He has a bare bones, no BS, approach to the sport, which is excellent for any runner who cares more about their journey than they do their ego. He provides an honest approach that focuses more on what’s important in accomplishing your goals, as opposed to the clutter that often over complicates an activity as simple as left-right-repeat. (In other words, we’re going to focus more on running, diet, and overall health and wellbeing, than we are VO2 Max)
During your 2-hour consultation you’ll also have the opportunity to talk to him about anything and everything ultra that you want/need to talk about. Examples of topics you’ll cover are:
• Your running history (the journey you’ve taken) and where you want to go (the journey ahead) in ultrarunning.
• Your current training regimen and how you can tweak it to provide yourself with maximum efficiency.
• Learning how to create your own training plan by using online training plan generators that work!
• Looking in depth at your goal race(s) for the year and how to create a training plan, and race plan, specific to that race.
• Anything else ULTRA that your heart desires. Just be ready for Sherpa’s Candid honesty.
CLICK TO PURCHASE
After your initial 2-hour consultation, all follow-up consultations are $50 for 1 hour. Follow-ups offer a place and time for you to continue to pick Sherpa’s ear for anything else ultra-related you can think of down the road, or to follow up on your progress towards your goals. Yes, you could always email follow-up questions but it is less likely he’ll get back to you right away, or be as in-depth as you may like. Click To Purchase A Follow Up
Membership Package: $175 – CLICK TO PURCHASE
2-Hour Consultation plus a HPRS Membership (for the remainder of the current year ending October 31st) at a discounted rate of $25 (Regularly $30)
45-Minute Consultation: $100 – CLICK TO PURCHASE
Sit with Sherpa and ask anything. The 45-minute consult is designed for you to ask any questions you’d like to ask a veteran ultrarunner. This option is void of any training plan consultation other than a brief review of your current plan and some tweaks that could be made. Otherwise, this time is for you to dive right into the deeper in a shorter time span.
Once your order is placed on our online store, you will receive an email from Sherpa John for scheduling.